Two Key Formulas For Saving Big Time

Two Key Formulas For Saving Big Time

There are two formulas to follow in order to prioritize savings.

The first formula is the 80-20 rule. It is a widely used formula and is highly acknowledged as an efficient method for saving. The rule is simply to set aside 20% of your net income for your savings. While the other remaining 80% is allotted for your expenses, fifty percent goes to your needs and thirty percent goes to your wants. This formula allows you to not just only save but as well as provide for your needs and at the same time reward yourself once in a while.

The second formula is the 10-20 70 rule, 10% goes to tithing, retirement, or donation. The 20% goes for your savings and the remaining 70% is allotted to your monthly expenses. The 70% is subdivided into two: 50% goes to your needs and 20% goes to your wants.

But have you ever wonder, why is the formula in saving money use percentage rather than numbers? It is because the percentage makes the computation easier rather than number as monthly income varies from time to time. Above all, saving money does not only require discipline but also the proper allocation of one’s finances. Without proper discernment between your needs and wants as well as key financial priorities then, the formula will be useless after all.

Source: Website: Rappler Published 10:49 AM, July 07, 2014. Retrieved from: https://www.rappler.com/business/personal-finance/62577-80-20-money-saving-formula.

{{ reviewsOverall }} / 5 Users (0 votes)
Rating0
What people say... Leave your rating
Order by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

This review has no replies yet.

Avatar
Show more
Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

The following two tabs change content below.

Sharmaine Escarian

Unstoppable, determined and very passionate. A full time HR practitioner, freelance writer, a loving daughter and a seeker of adventures, lifetime learning and improvement. And shall continue to design the life that she has always dreamed of -- inspirational, purposeful and a journey where there is contentment and genuine happiness.

Latest posts by Sharmaine Escarian (see all)

🔥 Hot Loan Offers!
Digido Philippines

Digido Philippines - Money in 5 Minutes


11.9%/mo; Up to 10K for first-time borrower;
Loan up to
P25,000
1 Valid ID only, 5 Mins Application, Fast Approval

Get Your Money Now
Read Review
MoneyCat Philippines

MoneyCat Philippines - 1st Loan 0% Interest


11.5%/mo; 0% for first-time borrower;
Loan up to
P20,000
1 Valid ID only, 5 Mins Application, Fast Approval

Get Your Money Now
Read Review
Online Loans Pilipinas

Online Loans Pilipinas - 1st Loan 0% Interest


P7,000 at 0% for first-time borrower;
Loan up to
P20,000
1 Valid ID only, 5 Mins Application, Disburse to GCash

Get Your Money Now
Read Review

Basahin ang iba pa naming mga posts to know more!

Leave a Comment